1. Where to submit: Abstracts should be submitted via the CLICK HERE
ONLINE SUBMISSION PLATFORM
30th September, 2022 Open Call for Abstracts
30th October, 2022 Closing Date for Abstract Submission
7th November, 2022 Notification of Abstract Acceptance
2. Abstract submission deadline: 30th October 2022 at 23h59 WAT. No abstract submitted after the deadline will be considered. The following timelines will apply:
3. Abstract language: All abstracts should be submitted and presented in British English.
4. Presentation type: We accept both oral and poster presentations. Please clearly indicate the type of presentation (i.e. oral or poster) as well as virtual or in-person by selecting the appropriate option on the abstract submission form.
5. Abstract topic – Abstracts should be related to the conference theme and sub-themes. However, we may accept other relevant submissions in the field of infectious diseases like:
• Clinical management of infectious diseases
• Antimicrobial resistance from a One Health perspective
• Biomedical Innovations in infectious disease diagnostics and countermeasure development
• Public Health, Access and Policy – Improving access to vaccines and therapeutics
• Private sector involvement in infectious disease prevention and control
• Mental health and behavioural sciences during epidemics of infectious diseases
• eHealth and telemedicine in infectious disease management
6. Presenting author: The presenting author’s name and contact details should be indicated. Please provide
a. Email address
b. Full affiliation (Unit, Department, Institution)
c. Phone number
7. Author and co-authors’ details:
a. First name and family name
b. Affiliation details: unit, department, 8. Abstract text is limited to 300 words (which includes sub-headings but does not include the title, key words, list of authors and their addresses)
9. Abstract layout – Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
b. Method and Materials
10. Key words: Please include 4 –6 key words
institution/hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
11. Confirmation of submission: Your abstract is not successfully submitted until you receive a confirmation email from us. If you have not received a confirmation email 48 hours after submission, ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
12. Evaluation Criteria: Each abstract will be evaluated by three independent reviewers using the following criteria:
o Relevance to conference track/theme
o Background and rationale of the study
o Appropriateness of methods
o Presentation of results
o Conclusion and interpretation of results
o Significance to policy or practice
o Overall clarity of the abstract
o Novelty of the study
13. Publication in the Journal of the Nigerian Infectious Diseases Society: Accepted abstracts will be published in the Journal of the Nigerian Infectious Diseases Society (JNIDS)
14. Eligibility of Abstracts and Authors: Only abstracts with original work within the conference theme and sub-themes will be accepted for the conference. The primary author must have participated in the activities showcased in the abstract and obtained the necessary government approvals where sensitive data is used in the paper, as well any necessary ethical clearance documents.
There is no limit to the number of abstracts an individual can submit. We especially request that research is recent (i.e. conducted within the 2020-2022 period) and priority will be given to abstracts that have not yet been presented at any other scientific conference. If abstract has been previously presented, this should be indicated and relevant permission should be obtained for its re-submission.
15. General Queries: Please address any query about abstract submission to Queries or call Dr. Inenyo Esinte, 0706 546 0499.
The Nigeria Infectious Disease Society (NIDS) Annual General Meeting and Scientific Conference-HYBRID YENAGOA 2022.
Rudiments of publishing in high impact journals: ideas for authors and editors
Hear from top Medical
Network with your